1. ABOUT US
Smart Home Need suggests meaningful habits and smart home technology to satisfy your needs and so improve your well-being. We believe that homes are not just the places where we eat and sleep, but the environments in which we play, learn, socialise and grow, becoming a fundamental aspect for the healthy development of human beings. We offer a set of inspirations, suggestions and smart home products information to guide people towards the adoption of meaningful smart homes, the achievement of their full potential and the respect of the environment.
Smart Home Need pursues four main goals:
1. We help you flourish. Well-being starts from within, so we support you to identify your needs. We help you to realise how their satisfaction impacts your well-being and finally, we suggest actions and solutions to intervene on your needs.
2. We save you time. Time is priceless, so we research for you. We shortlist the best smart home devices in the market, classify them into coherent product categories and facilitate the understanding of their features.
3. We let you focus. We live in a noisy world, so we provide you only with relevant information. We preselect contents, remove distracting noise, use a minimalist communication style to reduce complexity and keep things smooth.
4. We help you decide. Decisions are not easy, so we support you at comparing solutions. We structure products information and scout their best deals on the market to enable you to take autonomous and wise decisions.
Smart Home Need invests in researching, structuring and creating content to inspire you and bring you the most value we can. Part of our materials is accessible for free, while others require the purchase of a subscription plan. Our Inspirations and our shortlist of Products are available for free and do not require any registration. Additionally, if you subscribe to the “TRY” subscription plan you will enjoy free access to the Need “Home-work”, one of the associated “Pathfinders” and the possibility to use the “Comparator” for one of the related product families.
We would say yes, but please, do not take our suggestions as the final word: we are not your doctor nor the manufacturer of the devices listed on our Products section. The reasons for which we believe you can trust us are:
1. We are reliable; we base our research and contents on authoritative sources to which you can refer for further insights.
2. We are on a mission; we are a qualified group of individuals that want to do good for the world.
3. We are independent; we do not work for any of the manufacturers mentioned on our Products.
To sustain our work we may earn commission from qualifying purchases to Amazon and other affiliates.
However, we are not paid by product brands or manufacturers, and we do not sell third-party products directly on our website as this could impact our objectivity and put in risk the quality and value of our contents and suggestions. After doing our research we might request product samples to manufacturers.
We also avoid ads in the form of banners, pop-ups and any other kind as we want to offer our visitors and users with a smooth experience.
2. SUBSCRIPTIONS & BILLING
You can find our "TRY", "LEARN" and "FLOURISH" subscription plans here. Select the one that fits your needs and start creating your Meaningful Smart Home with us.
Here you can find what each subscription plan includes. In brief: the “TRY” subscription plan gives you access to the Need “Home-work”, one of its associated “Pathfinders” and the “Comparator” for one of its product families; the “LEARN” subscription plan gives you access to one Need selected by you + the full version of “Home-work”; the “FLOURISH” subscription plan gives you access to all the current available Needs + the full version of “Home-work”.
Yes, the “LEARN” subscription plan gives you access to one Need that you can select during the subscription process and the Need “Home-work” in its full version.
You can upgrade your subscription plan from the SUBSCRIPTION tab of your User Area.
You can cancel your subscription from the SUBSCRIPTION tab of your User Area.
We may create discounts for special occasions. When this happens, the discounts are announced on our Homepage.
You can redeem Smart Home Need Points (SHNPs) into Discount Coupons (DCs) valid only for the purchase of “FLOURISH” subscription plans. The value of SHNP is as per follows:
- 2 Points = 10% DC
- 5 Points = 25% DC
- 10 Points = 50% DC
- 15 Points = 75% DC
- 20 Points = 100% DC
In case your number of SHNPs falls between one of the intervals above listed, you are still able to redeem them into Discount Coupons. For instance, if you have twelve SHNPs, you can redeem ten points into a 50% DC for the purchase of a “FLOURISH” subscription plan and keep the two remaining points until their expiration date.
There are two ways to earn Smart Home Need Points (SHNPs):
1. Inviting your friends and family. When the person you have invited joins the "LEARN" or "FLOURISH" plans using the link you provided them, you will receive two SHNPs.
2. Giving a “LEARN” or “FLOURISH” subscription plan to your friends or family. Earn two SHNPs when gifting a “LEARN” subscription plan or five SHNPs when gifting a “FLOURISH” subscription plan.
Everyone registered to Smart Home Need can earn Smart Home Need Points (SHNPs). To start collecting points, follow these two steps:
1. Subscribe to any subscription plan (“TRY”, “LEARN” or “FLOURISH”).
2. Invite your friends and family (earn SHNPs when they enrol to the “LEARN” or “FLOURISH” subscription plans using the link you provided them) or make a Gift of a “LEARN” or “FLOURISH” subscription plan.
You can see and redeem your accumulated Smart Home Need Points (SHNPs) from the POINTS tab of your User Area.
There is not a maximum number of Smart Home Need Points (SHNPs) that a user can earn.
Smart Home Need Points (SHNPs) expire on a yearly basis. During the year you can accumulate as many SHNPs as you want and redeem them to obtain discounts for the "FLOURISH" subscription plan. Some days before the expiration date (23rd May of each year) you will receive a notification.
Discount Coupons can be used to:
1. Subscribe to "FLOURISH" when you are a "TRY" user or when you are not still a user of Smart Home Need.
2. Upgrade to "FLOURISH" when you are a "LEARN" user.
3. Renew your current "FLOURISH" subscription plan.
To enjoy the Discount Coupons, please follow these indications:
1. If you are a "TRY" user or you are not still a user of Smart Home Need, subscribe to "FLOURISH" and enter the Discount Coupon at the payment gateway.
2. If you are a "LEARN" user, please upgrade into "FLOURISH" from the SUBSCRIPTION tab of your User Area and enter the Discount Coupon at the payment gateway.
3. If you are a "FLOURISH" user, please unsubscribe from the SUBSCRIPTION tab of your User Area and subscribe again to a new "FLOURISH" subscription inserting the Discount Coupon at the payment gateway. When subscribing, use the same email address so that we can associate your account information and Smart Home Need Points.
Discount Coupons are not cumulative, and therefore you can use one of them at a time. If you have more than one Discount Coupon, you can use the one that you prefer.
Discount Coupons expire after one year from reception.
Yes, you can. Discount Coupons are not personal, meaning that once you have redeemed your Smart Home Need Points (SHNPs) into Discount Coupons, you can share them with whom you want.
Smart Home Need Gifts (SHNGs) are a way to share your love with a friend or a family member. When you give Smart Home Need, you are sharing your willingness to focus on what’s important: the health and well-being of your beloved ones, starting from home.
Smart Home Need Gifts (SHNGs) expire after one year of their purchase. When activated by the receiver, a one-year subscription to Smart Home Need will start.
When gifting a “LEARN” subscription plan, you will earn two Smart Home Need Points (SHNPs), and when gifting a “FLOURISH” subscription plan, you will receive five Smart Home Need Points (SHNPs).
Yes, when the people invited to enrol to the “LEARN” or “FLOURISH” subscription plans using the link you provided them, you will earn two Smart Home Need Points (SHNPs).
Under the tab PROFILE of your User Area, you will be able to change all your account information such as email and password.
You can delete your account from the PROFILE tab of your User Area.
To unsubscribe from our Newsletter just click on the “Unsubscribe” link placed on the footer of our emailed Newsletters.